Saturday, March 12, 2016

My Breakfast "Chopped" Challenge

The Food Network show CHOPPED is one of my favorites.  Sometimes I have fun creating my own challenges for myself.  This morning was one of those times.  I wanted to make a nice breakfast for my wonderful hubby and I, so I searched my fridge to see what was on hand.

In my "Basket" I had:
A few slices of "AVOCADO" 
Sliced RED ONION
GOUDA CHEESE
SOUR CREAM

Here is what I came up with:


First, I mashed the AVOCADO and added a little SOUR CREAM, salt & pepper, and hot sauce to make an avocado cream.  
I then sauteed the sliced RED ONIONS with a little butter, then dropped an egg for each of us on top of the fried onions, and flipped them over.  I placed slices of GOUDA CHEESE on top of the eggs, and covered the pan to help cook the eggs and melt the cheese.
I toasted an English Muffin for each of us. I spread a little of the Avocado Cream on them, topped them with the fried onion and cheese eggs, along with a dollop of the Avocado Cream, fresh cilantro, black pepper and a few dashes of hot sauce, and served them with fresh fruit.

Hubby said that I nailed the "challenge!"
Happy Saturday everyone!  
Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!

((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment